Netflix is a company of American entertainment which founded on August 29, 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley. It provides streaming media. There are many people use Netflix to watch the movies, TV shows, documentaries and more. Netflix is available in almost every platform such as Android phone, IPhone, Smart TV, Computer, IPad, PS4, Nintendo Wii etc. In Netflix, there is Netflix parental controls. As the primary account, you have two options for controlling viewing on the account. Those two options are account level (hard controls) and profile level (soft controls). Let us see in the text below to know more detail about account level (hard controls) and profile level (soft controls).
- Account level (hard controls).
In this account level (hard controls), you have to set four digit PIN which must be entered to play any movies or TV show above a selected maturity level, on any profile. In this case, a PIN is going to ensures that your child does not watch content rated above your selected maturity level.
- Profile level (soft controls).
In this profile level (soft controls), you have to set a maturity level for a particular profile to control the movies or TV shows which available for that profile. In this case, you or your parent, ensure that your child is going to uses only the correct profile.
Account Level (hard controls)
How to set the maturity level for the entire account by using a PIN? If you want to set a PIN for parental controls, you are able to follow these steps below.
- At the first step, you have to access your account page from a web browser.
- Then, you have to select the link for Parental controls in the Settings section.
- After that, you are able to enter your Netflix account password on the screen.
- The next step, please enter four numbers into the PIN field (no letters).
- Now, you are able to set your PIN protection level from the following options:
– Little Kids
– Older Kids
In this case, for definitions of the PIN protection levels, you are able to view maturity ratings for your country.
- The last, you have to select Save.
Profile level (soft controls)
How to set the maturity level for an individual profile? If you want to set the maturity level for an individual profile, you are able to follow these steps below.
- At the first step, you have to access your Account page from a web browser and select Manage Profiles.
- Then, please select the profile you’d like to edit.
- Under Allowed TV shows and movies, select your desired maturity level.
– For Little Kids only
– For Older Kids and below
– For Teens and below
– All Maturity levels
Please note that the primary account holder’s profile can only be set to For Teens and below or All Maturity levels.
- The last, you are able to select Save.