When you are using Netflix, perhaps sometimes you face any error. One of the error that people usually face is error code NW-2-5. This error especially points to a network connectivity issue which is preventing your device from reaching the service of Netflix. This kind of error mostly happens to PS4, Xbox, and smart TV users. The most of them report that this problem with Netflix only happens on a specific device in their home but not on all of them. This error can be frustrating because it is very difficult to identify and solve if there is no way to open the streaming service.
If error code NW-2-5 keeps appearing when you are trying to stream Netflix, first effort is you can check internet connectivity. To do that, you can follow the steps below carefully.
- First, you have to use your network administrator to make sure that Netflix is not blocked intentionally.
- If you are using cellular data network or satellite internet, you can try a different network because the mentioned ones have slower connections speed than cable internet or DSL.
- Now, test the internet connection on your device with the internet connection or speed test device.
- In this stage, you have to restart the device.
- Now, restart your home networks by unplugging both your router and modem for 20 to 30 seconds and then plug them back in.
If you have tried to fix the problem by checking the internet connectivity as described above but the error still comes up, then, you can try to solve this by following the second method below. In this second method, you will bypass your router. If you are using a wireless router which is connected to the modem, you have to try to connect directly to the modem. For doing that, you need an Ethernet cable. If it will help to reach Netflix, then the problem is clear. To do that, you have to follow the following steps.
- First, you have to turn off the device which you are using.
- Second, you have to put the device directly into the modem by using Ethernet cable.
- After that, unplug modem for at least 30 seconds and plug it back.
- At last, you have to turn on the device and then try to reach Netflix again.
If you detect that the router as the cause of the error code Netflix error NW-2-5, then you possess two options either bypass the router or contact the person who is responsible for setting up the network of your home in order to reconfigure the settings of router and DNS. If you are using BT (internet provider), it is possible that you can experience this error. If you experience that, you can solve this by using login details that provided by your internet provider BT to log in into My BT. Then, scroll down the page until you find My Extras section and click the Personalise your settings options. At last, you have to click the button beside BT Parental Controls option to turn the controls off.