There are a lot of people who use Netflix to watch their favorite movie, TV shows, documentary and other contents on Netflix. As we know that Netflix is the largest and the popular app in the world. Currently, Netflix has 103.95 million subscribers from all over the world. Netflix is available in many device such as Android phone, IPad, computer, IPhone, Smart TV, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, etc. So we are able to watch our favorite movies or TV shows on our favorite device. To connect Netfix, of course we should have internet connection, by the way, what internet speed which we need for Netflix? Well, in this article, we are going to discuss about internet connection speed recommendations for Netflix. If you want to know what internet speed which you need for Netflix, please see its explanation in the text below.
1. 0.5 Megabits per second: It is required broadband connection speed.
2. 1.5 Megabits per second: It is recommended broadband connection speed.
3. 3.0 Megabits per second: It is recommended for SD quality.
4. 5.0 Megabits per second: It is recommended for HD quality.
5. 25 Megabits per second: It is recommended for Ultra HD quality.
By the way, how to check your connection speed? There are a lot of devices allow you to check your connection speed within the Netflix app. To check your connection speed, you are able to follow the steps below.
1. At the first step, to check your connection speed, you have to reach the Netflix home screen.
2. At the second step, you have to navigate up and select Settings or the gear icon.
In this case, if you do not see the gear icon, so it means that your device does not support this feature.
3. To check your connection speed, you are able to select “Check your Network”.
4. Then, the Netflix app is going to verify that you are able to connect to the internet and reach the Netflix servers. It is going to check your connection speed.
5. When the check is complete, you have to ensure that your speed meets has internet speed recommendations.
In addition, to watch Netflix in HD (High Definition), you have to ensure that you have an HD plan, and then you are able to set your video quality setting to Auto or High. The title is going to play in HD as long as you have a connection speed of 5.0 megabits per second or even faster. As we know that Netflix has three Netflix plans. Those three plans are Basic plan, Standard plan and Premium plan. Each three plans offer different features and different prices. If you want to watch Netflix in HD (High Definition), so you have to use the Standard plan or you can select to use Premium plan. If you use Premium plan, you not only get feature HD ((High Definition) but also get feature Ultra HD (High Definition).