One of the reasons why we have to clear cookies is because we are facing a Netflix error such as error N8004. This error can happen because of the Silverlight plug in that Netflix uses to play movies and TV shows on your computer. Th error like this is generally caused by various things. It can happen because the setting of computer prevents Silverlight from storing files that it needs to play your movie or TV show. Then, it can also happen because there is an issue with the Silverlight plug in itself. Or, it happens related to an issue with the content that you are trying to play.
As we mentioned above that one of the reasons why we have to clear cookie is because we face a problem. Well, to fix this problem, you can also try to clear the Netflix cookie from your web browser an also check your account status on Netflix site. To clear the Netflix cookie from your web browser is very easy. You just need to follow the simple steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do to clear the Netflix cookie from your web browser is to go to netflix.com/clearcookies. You have to note that it will sign you out of your account.
- Now, choose Sign in and enter your Netflix email and password.
- At last, try Netflix again.
If your browser is Safari, you can try another method to clear the cookie by following the steps below.
- First, in Safari, you have to click on the Safari menu at the top of the screen.
- After that, you have to click on Preferences.
- If you are running OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion, you have to click on Privacy.
- Now, click on Remove All Website Data, that is located beside Cookies and other website data.
- Then, click on the pop up to confirm that you really want to do this.
If you are running an older version of OS X or Safari version 4 or prior, follow the steps below carefully.
- You have to click on the Security tab that the icon looks like a padlock.
- After that, click on the Show Cookies button.
- In this step, you are able to click to highlight just some cookies. To do that, you can hold SHIFT down to choose multiple cookies at once. Then, you have to remove them by using the Remove button or click on Remove All to vanish them all.
- At last, you have to click Done.
Well, it is very easy, isn’t it? You can try to clear Netflix cookies by yourself. When you find that you get Netflix error N8004, you can try to solve this problem by clearing Netflix cookies. The description about clearing cookies is enough. Full of hope, you understand how to do that. Thank you for reading this and access this site. Do not forget to share this if it is beneficial.