On Netflix, you are able to download movies and TV shows to watch offline from Netflix app on Apple iOS, Android, computers, or even tablets that run Windows 10. But, you have to note that downloads are not presently supported on the other devices. Well, if you want to download the titles from Netflix on your device, you need the following devices:
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod that runs iOS 9.0 or later.
- A tablet or phone that runs Android 4.4.2 or later.
- A computer or tablet that run Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) or later.
- An internet connection.
- An active Netflix streaming account.
- The recent version of Netflix Apple iOS, Netflix Windows 10 or Netflix Android app.
Streaming and downloading need the same amounts of data. So, it is better if you download while your device is connected to Wi-Fi. You have to note that not all titles of the shows are available to download. If you want to download a specific title, you can search for that title and search the download icon. But, in case you want to browse downloadable movies or shows, you have to choose “Available for Download” from the Netflix menu. Then, if you have found the titles that you want, download it by following the steps below.
- First, choose the title that you want to download.
- Then, tap the download icon on the description page. For TV shows, the icon will come up next to each available episode.
- If the title has finished downloading, you are able to access it from the “My Downloads” section of the app. For your information, different titles have different expiration windows. So, you have to make sure to check your “My Downloads” page for expiration information.
You are able to choose the download video quality based on your needs. Standard quality is a slightly lower video quality that needs less storage space and takes less time to download. Higher quality that is up to 1080 will need more storage space and takes more time to download. To select the quality of the video, you can follow the steps below.
- First, from the Netflix app, you need to tap the Menu icon.
- Then, scroll down and choose App Settings.
- After that, under the Downloads heading, choose Video Quality.
- Now, choose either Standard or Higher video quality based on your needs.
If then you want to access the titles that you have downloaded on your device, you need to open Netflix app and then tap the Menu icon. Then, choose “My Downloads”. Next, tap the Play icon on the title that you want to watch. If you want to watch TV shows, you have to first choose the show and then tap the Play icon on the episode that you w